Social media is on fire over headlines such as this: "Hundreds of wild animals will be slaughtered during this canned hunting massacre." (SIGH!) Here are the facts:
- This is a week long hunting expedition.
- There are 13 licensed Belgium and Holland hunters.
- Each have been permitted to shoot 2-3 animals per day.
- The hunt is on a farm which stretches over 2km = 1.25miles.
- Driving is a legal form of hunting, not an uncommon practice.
- No more than 25 animals have been killed (that's about two animals killed per hunter over two days) including gemsbuck, eland, wildebeest, warthog, Impala and duiker.
- The meat is then donated to local communities, as required by law.
- Afterwards, the hunters may have the hides/heads from the hunt shipped home.
These above facts, with no added opinions of my own, have been pulled from both pro and anti hunting groups. When people read articles that have been twisted and manipulated with phrases such as massacre, adrenaline induced, pulled from a cage to be killed, lazy animal murders; it leads to the quick spreading of inaccurate information. At the end of the day, facts are facts!