From Forest to Food
Courtesy of Lindsey - A 12 Gauge Girl
Pronghorn Pumpkin Beer Chili
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 8 hours
1 Pound Ground Pronghorn, Deer, or Elk Meat
1 Large Onion, Chopped
3 Cloves Garlic, Minced
1 Tablespoon Oil (Olive, Vegetable, Canola, etc)
3 Large Bell Peppers (Any Color)
1 Bottle Pumpkin Ale Beer
3 Cans Beans (Black, Kidney, Pinto, Navy, Chili, etc)
1 Can Pureed Pumpkin
1 28 Oz Can Crushed Tomatoes
2 Tablespoons Chili Powder
1 Tablespoon Cumin
1 Tablespoon Oregano
1 Tablespoon Coriander
1 Tablespoon Salt
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
2 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
1 Tablespoon Hot Sauce (Optional)
1 to 2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 to 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, add oil.
- To heated oil, add chopped onions and garlic. Cook for two to three minutes.
- Add chopped bell peppers and cook additional two to three minutes.
- Add ground pronghorn and cook until browned, five to seven minutes.
- Turn heat up to high, and pour in entire bottle of pumpkin ale. Let cook for a minute and stir to break browned bits from bottom of pan. Turn pan to low and set aside.
- To a large crockpot, add remaining ingredients.
- Add meat and pepper mixture to crock pot. Stir.
- Set crock pot to low for six to eight hours.
- Enjoy with toppings such as shredded cheese, sour cream, diced onions.
For additional tips and tricks, please visit:
A 12 Gauge Girl.